The Company recognises that staff development is a key part of its success and, therefore, the aim is to train all staff to the highest standard.
The training needs of each individual will be assessed considering the following factors:
• Awareness of health and safety responsibilities.
• Competency to carry out their duties.
• Competency to operate specialist plant, tools and work equipment.
The scope of training will encompass initial induction training for new employees, workplace training and formal training courses.
Site safety induction training will be given to every person working on a site, before work commences. As part of the induction, each person will be issued with a set of site specific safety rules and will be required to complete a safety induction record form.
The Company aims to ensure that its entire permanent staff achieves a relevant qualification under one of the Construction Industry Training Board schemes covering the following categories:
• Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS)
• Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS)
In addition to the above general qualifications, specific training will be directed towards individuals to ensure that we have sufficient numbers of staff qualified in the following areas:
• Health & Safety – aimed at each level within the company
• First Aid at Work – First Aider
• First Aid at Work – Appointed Person
• Manual Handling
The Company encourages its entire staff to participate in as wide a range of training as possible. However, all Health & Safety training is considered to be mandatory.